Monday, December 8, 2008

Let the right one slip in...

A birthday and this morning I couldn’t be more pleased. Last night we were able to see Nine Inch Nails at the Rose Gardens, I had long given up hope of making it to this event so that was most unexpected. The tickets were only $20.00 so, we were in the nose bleeds for sure and it was a very different experience to be so removed from the collective frenzy of the pit. The production, as those before it, was breathtaking and complex. Trent is amazing, the closest I have ever come to having a personal savior from age eleven onward. Which also led me to consider that he was 26 when he wrote The Downward Spiral. Not too far gone yet, here- here.

I recently saw Let the Right One In at the Hollywood theatre, one word- breathtaking. Beautiful, surreal, everything I ever wanted and more, and less. I felt immediately enamored with the cast and scenery- perhaps it was the Swedish, all beautiful shortened sentiments sounding like sweet bubbles. I walked out thinking, ‘I wish this were based on a novel, there is so much story yet to be told.’ Luckily for me, it was and should be arriving very soon. There is even an addition that feature a silhouette in red running past trees! Little red strikes again.

Amanda Palmer is coming up, that is going to be amazing. I have more books than time again, dislike that very much, yes. But I hope to get a better handle on things soon. Also, Tender Forever is the only band other than Morrissey that I am listening to right now and I listen to them a lot. Pretty much always. Forever.

No comments: