Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The point of it all...

Less sleep as I adjust to shared transportation and currently opposing schedules have been fortuitously paired with a more chaotic workplace. Miserable, scheming coworkers contend to take my position as the daytime lead, all of them at least twenty-five cents my superior. Researching data, printing transactions and filing them away replaces afternoon reading. I am behind in my novels once again, terminally distracted or professionally indisposed. Nearly finished with Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, addicted to the BBC miniseries Lost in Austen, a dozen pages at a time through several of the most amusing punctuation handbooks and other varying reference pieces. Ignoring the things that were most distressing and consuming for the last month plus, in hopes of regaining my calm. With composure secured I hope to be more useful, until then I have fizzy alcoholic beverages by the bottle and a very long straw.

2 comments:

Chae said...

Make it a silly straw, every beverage(even fizzy alcoholic ones) are improved through the introduction of a silly straw.

Paige said...

I nearly sent you Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

<3