Monday, May 11, 2009

This could be the best summer ever...

It is late afternoon and I am perusing the want ads in search of the ever elusive time-travelers assistant position (constant vigilance), enjoying a delicious cup of tea and rolling my eyes at the incessant vocal complaints of my cat- it must be Monday. Which means four more days until Friday, three more days until Supernatural, two more days until the Lost season finale and one day until we begin brewing butter beer for the upcoming Wizard rock tour. But today I am not obligated to any task besides reading and writing something for this long neglected blog of mine. I only wish I had more to offer, daily drabbles on Twitter reflect odd developments and new affections leaving little left to discuss at length. I suppose I have been sleeping less, therefore dreaming less and dreaming is often the first inspiration for new blog entries. I am currently avid about time-travel, especially in fan fiction (this is evident in some of the new additions to the links, stage right) and have managed to finally finish several whole novels rather than reading six at once. Morrissey and Amanda Palmer are still dominating my playlists and I fear I have developed a morbid reliance on my iPhone. Work, if it can be called that- has merely become a place for daydreaming and cultivating quirks. I have taken to cataloging strangers and acquaintances, long-listing all the various details I obtain for my own personal amusement. They have nicknames like Late Omens, or Work Crush #1, most are indicative to their relevance for which I am quite proud of myself for not being impractical. In other news, Sasquatch! Seeing Nine Inch Nails on their last tour would be enough but with all the other great bands- magic. Then there will be the Whomping Willows/ Remus Lupins tour in July. We are planning to visit Vancouver BC, then Seattle, then Portland. This is totally inspired by the multiple same day shows they played in Portland last year, now we can't help ourselves. That is where the alcoholic butter beer brewing comes in. I know in between all these events will be other shows, camping, more working and whatnot. I must remember that twitter is a very poor substitute for blogging, or something like that.

No comments: