Tuesday, October 14, 2008

And then the threats began…

These troubled economic times have only increased the pressure that was unknowingly building during my three year absence. My manager informed me today of exactly how expendable I may become if my sales average does not increase. She then added that my film is great and my customer report is excellent, this is not personal. I could understand the pressure if only we received any amount of compensation for our efforts other than to be blessed with 15 miserable hours per week. Even if you do a substandard job you can usually get in 10 hours. I find myself asking exactly what my sense of self decency is worth, the fraud and manipulation I deal with everyday is more than I could have ever imagined at another studio. The community is disgusted, customers are furious, and I am embarrassed. To keep my job I must maintain an average of over $150 per order. It is time to leave this horrifying experience behind. Well, after I take advantage of the discounts, that is.

No comments: