Sunday, October 26, 2008

Social uprising…

Last night we spent a little over four hours at Raishawn’s playing the Great Dalmuti, it was pretty awesome. It is strange how differently people react to situations, for instance, Raishawn had a bad time because she did not play well and subsequently tried to make everyone else have a bad time. David and I were of course unaffected by these attempts as we are of a more antagonistic breed. We laughed, taunting, pleading- it was a little thrilling to be honest, a little like topping from the bottom. Eventually David and I were just threatening to make out with people of the same sex. Oh, David is totally the best partner in crime ever- Makeout Chicken! Then I said horrible things about smoking being a compulsion akin to childhood fisting, then everyone was like, “wow” and left the room.


The next day I felt dried out from all the secondhand smoke and tired from the late night. Work wasn’t as bad as it could have been, for which I am thankful. It also seems a third interview is in order for the hotel position I had applied for, exciting. Which reminds me, Robin and I saw Battle in Seattle at the pub theatre near my house and it was surprisingly valid. I had been outraged, skeptical at best- but I cried through most of the film and felt as though many of the dilemmas that had incited the protest were represented. I recommend this film, like a lot.

No comments: